Thursday, May 28, 2009

Painting 10/40 of the 40 Consecutive Painting a Day Challenge - My Bedroom Window


My Bedroom Window
5" x 7"
oil on wrapped canvas
$75

This is a change of pace for me. Needless to say I have been burning the midnight oil in order to complete the sundry tasks I have to do plus do my painting a day.

This morning I arose early did some household stuff, ran for 27 minutes, ate breakfast and found myself exhausted. So since I had been up since about 5 am, I thought I could squeeze in an hour and half nap before nine.
While taking a snooze the phone rang several times waking me. As I lay on the bed, I became fascinated with the soft light in the room and the shadows. I started with a drawing on the canvas which I glazed over with some acrylic medium to hold the drawing and size the canvas. While that dried I walked over to the library and returned some materials and picked up a Facebook friend suggested video, "The Secret of Roan Inish" then I returned home and began to paint in my bedroom. (after I covered the bed with a protective cover.
So I actually painted this painting in bed.

I really like the bedpost near the middle and all the other verticals and angles of this painting. But what was of main interest was the light and the soft glow it created on the walls and the bedpost.

If you are interested in acquiring this painting for your own contact me.
My bedroom is a great room for a nap AND for painting.

Posted by Picasa