Thursday, June 09, 2011

Edge of the Rock Plein Air Painting Event 2011 Paintings by Judith Reidy

Two Boys Fishing Rock River
by Judith Reidy
14 x 11 inches unframed panel
19.5x 16.5 inches framed
oil
$350
In Beloit this week it was really hot. My friend Wendie and I had been painting in the morning near the college (see painting below). The heat was in the upper nineties. We stopped for lunch then drove around looking for a good spot to paint again .

Me Dosing in a Dream
Wendie set up and got right into painting, but I couldn't and decided to 'veg' out on the lawn chair. I was dosing when in a dream state I started watching these little boys fishing across the way. I just had to paint them. I started into the painting and ten minutes in, they disappeared. So here they are from that dream state as I remember them and the the scene.



The President's White House
by Judith Reidy
14 x 11 inches unframed panel
19.5 x 16.5 inches framed
oil
view of Beloit College President's Home
$350
I was immediately drawn to this lovely white building and the flush of white light in the walk way up to the front door. So inviting. I have been working on white objects in shadow. I couldn't pass this one up.



Summer Breeze
by Judith Reidy
11 x 14 inches unframed panel
16.5 x 19.5 inches framed
oil
view of Rock River in Beloit, Wisconsin
$350

We returned a second day of heat in Beloit, where we found a refreshing scene with water and a breeze....that grew hotter as the day went on....
Posted by Picasa