Sunday, June 26, 2011

Bidding War on Judith Reidy Paintings

I often sell paintings...but I never had a bidding war like the one yesterday over my paintings. It is great feeling to know that somebody likes your painting that much! I must admit I was particularly pleased with the way I was able to create repeated pieces of quality this week. I am confident they saw that and wanted part of it for themselves.

I was sad however, that one patron from the Beloit Plein Air (who previously had a piece in Beloit they wanted of mine sold out right from under them) came up to Cedarburg and in the end rush of the bidding war for two of my pieces in a silent auction, failed to take home from Cedarburg either of the two they wanted. However, one patron who won the bidding whom I met this week, is an accomplished artist. I was delighted that she enjoyed the piece too. Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to meet the other patron who won the bid on another piece. As an artist I was amazed and delighted by the enthusiasm of the bidders. I was glad that I did not have to manage the bidding and resolve the controversy over who was the winner. That would not have been an easy job for me.

In the end I sold all four of these paintings yesterday. I am happy that the patrons connected with my work and wanted to make it part of their life permanently to enjoy.
Posted by Picasa