Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Roads Along the Vineyard Imrpression of Light with Oil

Road to the Villa by Judith Reidy
10" x 10"
oil
from imagination

In Process Painting.....
Further Down the Road in Tuscany by Judith Reidy

10" x 10"
oil
from imagination

I have been working with mists in pastel in the past, having a special fascination with light.  Also, I have been interested in light in portraiture beginning the work  in oil often with a sienna  under-painting  which also creates a warm atmospheric glow in the portrait.  I have been intrigued with the power of  quick strong strokes in the first impression of the light idea.  In these landscapes created purely form my imagination and memory of light I am distilling the purity of the past impressions of glowing light with a quick hand.


Posted by Picasa